Lindy Circle News - Bal Revival Virtual Social
Following our fun (if slightly chaotic!) online event last week, our Bal Revival Virtual Social will be running again this Tuesday! Please see details below, including a few updates (and, importantly, a new link to join) which we hope will help things run more smoothly. We will plan to run every Tuesday and will update our website and calendar with details soon. We're still working on things so please bear with us and do give us feedback if you have any ideas for how to improve these events :)
What: A video conference social with music and chat. You will join into a "main room" where you will be able to chat with us and other participants. There will be a second "breakout room" where we will be playing swing music, and where you are welcome to join us for a dance if you would like to from your living rooms! Please do join in if you have space!
Requirements: You should be able to join from any smartphone or device that has web access and can play sound. If you have a camera and microphone we strongly encourage you to enable them to join in! Although the link should work in a browser you will get a better experience if you download the application to your computer or phone. You can set this up ahead of time from https://zoom.us/. In the Settings page in the app you can test the Audio and Video settings to check that everything is working.
Tips while you're in the conference:
- Disable your microphone in the DANCE (breakout) room (MUTE button in bottom left corner).
- Enable your microphone in the CHAT (main) room (UNMUTE button in the bottom left corner).
- Enable the GALLERY VIEW so you can see everyone at the same time (button in top right corner).
- Enable your video in both rooms so we can all see each other.
- Use the BREAKOUT ROOMS button (on the toolbar at the bottom) to change to the dance room.
- Once in the dance room you can use the LEAVE BREAKOUT ROOM button (bottom right) to go back to the main room for a chat.
- Feel free to use the CHAT button to instant message the group (on the toolbar at the bottom) - especially if you need help with something, or don't have a microphone!
- We won't necessarily be able to keep an eye on both rooms at the same time so please bear with us if we're not there.
- We need to manually give you access to the breakout room, which we will try to do asap, but feel free to get our attention if you have been waiting for a while and we haven't assigned you.
- Feel free to exit the event and re-join.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or trouble setting up.